One often overlooked aspect of dog ear care is choosing the right dog ear cleaner. While this solution primarily prevents itchiness and infections, the wrong formula can do more harm than good. That said, selecting the appropriate product is crucial to ensuring the well-being of your dog.
In this short article, we will discuss some of the best options available on Shopee Singapore. You’ll also learn how to properly administer the dog ear-cleaning solution or where to go if you’re unsure how.
Note that we are not affiliated with any brands and shops listed below. We have simply curated a list of the best dog ear cleaners trusted by thousands of fur parents.
Why Is Dog Ear Cleaning Important?
Regular ear cleaning helps prevent painful infections, as dirt, wax, and debris may accumulate in your dog’s ears, creating a breeding ground for bacteria and yeast growth.
Some dogs, especially those with floppy ears or frequent exposure to water, are more prone to ear infections and require more frequent cleanings. By cleaning your dog’s ears regularly, you remove any organic matter it might have picked up while playing outdoors.
This practice helps keep its ears free from debris. It allows you to inspect them for any signs of inflammation, injury, or unusual odors that may indicate an infection.
Our Top Picks: 5 Best Dog Ear Cleaners
Choosing the right dog products can make all the difference when it comes to ensuring optimal health for your beloved pet. Among the most essential grooming products are dog ear cleaners, and here, we introduce you to the top five on the market.
These cleaners are enriched with antibacterial and antifungal ingredients to prevent infections. In contrast, others are designed to combat other common problems like wax build-up.
1. Ear Grooming Anti-Bacteria Wet Wipes – Best for Daily Use
The Ear Grooming Anti-Bacteria Wet Wipes is a quick and convenient option for cleaning your dog’s ears. It is formulated to be paraben-free, hypoallergenic, and pH-balanced to avoid potential infections or irritations in your dog’s ears.
- Mild, gentle, and fragrance-free
- Deodorizes and soothes ear itching
- Infused with vitamin E to effectively moisturize and clean your dog’s ear
2. Virbac EpiOtic Ear Cleaner – Best for Sensitive Ears
Virbac EpiOtic Ear Cleaner is popular among veterinarians and pet owners. This non-irritating, soothing formula is designed to clean, dry, and acidify the ear canal, which helps prevent bacterial and fungal overgrowth. The cleaner also removes excess wax, debris, and dirt, promoting overall ear health for your dog.
- Ideal for routine dog ear cleaning
- Non-irritating and has a low pH level
- It can be used for dogs with chronic otitis externa
3. Pet Horizon Earific Ear Cleanser – Best for Infected Ears
Pet Horizon Earific Ear Cleanser is a gentle yet effective solution to clean and maintain your dog’s ear health. It is a solution that helps soothe irritation and inflammation while providing strong antimicrobial properties. It’s also a recommended formula to control ear mites and lessen the likelihood of your dog developing an ear infection.
- Remedies ear mite infections
- Effectively soothes minor irritations
- Cleans ears and eliminates dog ear odors
4. For Furry Friends Ear Cleaner – Best for Wax Build-up and Odor
For Furry Friends Ear Cleaner has a unique formulation that effectively cleans, deodorizes, and removes wax build-up, all without harsh chemicals. Moreover, the alcohol-free and non-toxic formula ensures that your dog’s ears remain clean and healthy without causing irritation or discomfort, even for dogs with super-sensitive ears.
- Gets rid of bad ear odor
- Made of natural ingredients
- Cleans and soothes inflamed dog ears
5. Hygeia Pets Tea Tree Oil Dog Ear Cleaner – Best for Hard Earwax Build-up
Hygeia Pets Tea Tree Oil Dog Ear Cleaner is a great choice for dog owners looking for a natural and gentle ear cleaner. The tea tree oil helps break down wax and removes dirt, while its calming properties aid in soothing your dog’s sensitive skin. This cleaner is suitable for dogs with recurrent ear infections and allergies, as it can help soothe itching and irritation.
- Gentle, deodorizing, and alcohol-free
- Promotes an odor-free, bacteria-free dog ears
- Effectively removes excess wax, debris, and dirt
How to Properly Clean Your Dog’s Ears
Having learned the top choices of dog owners in Shopee Singapore regarding dog ear cleaners, it’s time to learn how to properly administer the formula.
Cleaning your dog’s ears might seem challenging, but it can become a routine part of your pet’s care with the right guidance. This step-by-step guide lists how to safely and effectively clean your dog’s ears.
- Prepare the pet supplies. Gather a dog ear cleaning solution, cotton balls or gauze and a towel. Avoid using Q-tips or hydrogen peroxide, as they can cause harm to your dog’s ears.
- Hold your dog’s ear flap. Gently grasp one ear and hold the ear flap (pinna) vertically to expose and straighten the ear canal.
- Apply the dog ear cleaning solution. While holding your dog’s ear flap with one hand, use the other hand to squeeze some ear-cleaning solution into the ear canal. Make sure to fill the canal completely.
- Massage your dog’s ear base. Gently massage your dog’s ear for about 20-30 seconds to help the solution reach deep into the canal and break up debris.
- Allow your dog to shake. After massaging, let go of your dog’s ear and allow your pet to shake its head. This action will bring up any debris and excess solution to the surface.
- Wipe the outer ear. Using cotton balls or gauze, gently wipe away the debris and excess solution from the outer ear canal and ear flap. Repeat the process for the other ear.
The process of cleaning your dog’s ears should be a breeze. Starting this routine is ideal so your dog eventually gets used to it, making its ear maintenance fast and easy.
However, if you’re unsure how to do it or you prefer a professional groomer to clean your dog’s ears instead, Likeable Pets is your go-to buddy. Our team of professionals offers grooming services, such as dog ear cleaning, at affordable rates. Message us via WhatsApp for more details.
With Likeable Pets’ team of grooming experts, countless pet owners have put their trust in them when it comes to their furry companions’ upkeep.
Learn what they have to say about Likeable Pets by going through the reviews they left on our Facebook Page.
If those aren’t enough, here are some of the photos showing the drastic transformations several pets have undergone thanks to the dedicated hands of our skilled pet groomers:
The above image shows a white-coated Pomeranian. Its coat was trimmed down by an inch, ensuring all edges were rounded, making it appear like a pile of clouds.
Meanwhile, here’s a Poochon whose facial fur was trimmed down, allowing its delicate features to exhibit. It was groomed meticulously, giving it the popular Poodle cut where a crown is trimmed on top of the head, the ears are kept long, and the rest of the coat is shaved close to the body.
Cavapoos need regular maintenance, especially since their coat can grow long and become prone to matting. What our groomers did was to cut the entire coat short, shape the rough edges, and give its face a neater look.
Apart from keeping your pet’s coat clean and presentable, we offer various services, like ear cleaning, nail clipping and filing, bath and blow dry, and more.
When using ear-cleaning solutions, following the correct procedure for your dog’s safety is crucial. Whether you don’t have time to clean your dog’s ears when it needs maintenance or you prefer to leave it to the experts, contact Likeable Pets. We will do the task for you to ensure your pet’s ears are in optimal health by using the best dog ear cleaner it needs.